Specialist Practitioner - Challenging Behaviour - Adult Learning Disabilities
Location: South West London
Hours: Up to full time, 37.5 hours per week. Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm.
We are looking for a highly motivated practitioner for a locum role within a specialist Challenging Behaviour Pathway for adults with learning disabilities.
The role is open to registered social workers, nurses, clinical psychologists and occupational therapists with a specialist qualification in behavioural management.
You will join a multidisciplinary learning disability healthcare team and will provide specialist behavioural assessments and interventions.
- Carrying out direct assessment and intervention with the client and indirect assessment, monitoring and intervention with staff and/or carers.
- To work across a variety of settings, including residential and day services and will involve working with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To work autonomously alongside clients, families, support workers and professionals to enable others to better understand and respond to behaviours that are challenging
- NMC / HCPC / SWE registration (as applicable)
- At least two years of qualified experience in working with challenging behaviour
- Experience of a range of specialist behavioural assessment and interventions with clients with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with individuals with autistic spectrum disorders
- Certification with Behaviour Analyst Certification Board (BACB) or working towards
- Postgraduate diploma, MSc, or MA in either Applied Behaviour Analysis, Autism or PBS
For more information relating to the above role or to apply, please contact Sarah at Mind Professionals on 01223 813838 or email with your CV and availability to email@example.com.
Mind Professionals - Why work with us?
Mind Professionals offer a specialist recruitment service to career mental health professionals on a Locum/temporary, fixed term and permanent basis. We work as a partner agency to the Ministry of Defence, and also provide our services to the NHS and private/independent sector across the U.K.
Mind Professionals offer the following candidate benefits:
- Your own dedicated recruitment consultant to support you throughout the application and placement process.
- Attractive and highly competitive rates of pay
- A generous Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- A range of long and short term placements and permanent roles to match your availability and preferences
- Access to work nationwide. We have roles available across the UK.
- Free DBS disclosure (where required)
to apply for this job.