Paediatric Liaison Nurse - CAMHS - Band 7
Location: South West London
Service: CAMHS Emergency Care service
Hours: Up to full time, 37.5 hours per week (range of shift patterns between 9am - 8pm. 7 days per week)
Hourly Rate: 31.00
Mind Professionals are looking for a Band 7 Liaison Nurse to provide effective locum support to an Emergency Care Service.
The Service forms a team of specialist nurses providing assessment and risk management planning for young people under 18 presenting with a mental health crisis to A&Eâ??s and paediatric wards.
The team work from CAMHS bases in 5 London boroughs and provide the CAMHS Emergency Care Service to 4 local hospitals. You will be assigned a main base and will travel to CAMHS sites across South West London.
You will undertake a range of therapeutic tasks which will include:
- Assessment of children and young personâ??s presenting with self-harm, suicidality and mental health crisis, at the A&E Departments or following admission to the paediatric wards.
- Consultation and advice to ward teams with respect to management of complex cases
In addition to hospital assessments the team are also able provide brief therapeutic interventions and support to young people and families during follow up appointments.
The CAMHS Liaison Nurse is also a key link to further support and will liaise closely with the young person, family and other professionals to ensure a smooth transition to the appropriate treatment/ support.
- Hold a valid Registratio with the NMC (mental health)
- Experiene of working with young people who experience acute mental health problems
- Post qualification and registration experience of working in CAMHS
- Experience of assessing and managing crisis with mental health difficulties
- Experience of risk assessment and management
For more information relating to the above role or to apply, please contact Bella (Annabelle) at Mind Professionals on 01223 813838 or email with your CV and availability to email@example.com
Mind Professionals - Why work with us?
Mind Professionals offer a specialist recruitment service to career mental health professionals on a Locum/temporary, fixed term and permanent basis. We work as a partner agency to the Ministry of Defence, and provide our services to the NHS and private/independent sector across the U.K.
Mind Professionals offer the following candidate benefits:
- Your own dedicated recruitment consultant to support you throughout the application and placement process.
- Attractive and highly competitive rates of pay
- A generous Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- A range of long and short term placements and permanent roles to match your availability and preferences
- Access to work nationwide. We have roles available across the UK.
- Free DBS disclosure (where required)
to apply for this job.