Permanent Night Service Manager
Salary: Up to 40,000 p.a., depending on experience
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a qualified nurse with managerial experience to work nightshifts within a 45-bed mental health facility for adults, based in Hertfordshire.
The facility has three wards, a female PICU, and two Elderly High Dependency Units for men and women over the age of 55. Service users are usually referred from other secure placements or from acute wards. Services may be informal or detained under the Mental Health Act.
Flexibility required, must be able to work on alternate weekends basis
and occasional day shifts to attend meetings and training.
You will be deputy to the Service Lead and work closely with them on
compliance and quality as well as unit initiatives and business objectives. The Night Nurse Manager will have development opportunity to act up for the service Lead during times of planned leave or absence..
- Leading the nursing team, delegating work, organising rotas on an equitable basis and
ensuring appropriate skill and grade mix
-Responsible for overall staffing arrangements in line with nursing rotas organising the most effective use of manpower and skill mix within available resources.
-Ensure that nursing staff adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct.
-Provide strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
-Develop a coaching culture within the clinical environment.â?¢ Support the implementation of clinical and corporate governance for the management of
-You will be responsible for leading the Nursing team to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
For this role you will need:
- Excellent Managerial, leadership experience
- Nursing qualification and current NMC registration
- Strong Clinical experience
- Minimum of 5 yearsâ?? experience of working as a nurse in a Mental Health setting.
-You must be RMN or RNLD or RGN qualified or desirably dual (RMN/RGN) qualified with a strong proven background of working in mental health.
- Experience in elderly care or PICU is desirable, but not essential and you must possess
excellent leadership qualities
- You must have outstanding communication skills, excellent clinical skills and be motivated to offer the highest standards of care.
For full details, please contact: Sarah at Mind Professionals on 01223 813838, or email your CV and availability to email@example.com
Mind Professionals - Why work with us?
Mind Professionals offer a specialist recruitment service to career mental health professionals on a Locum/temporary, fixed term and permanent basis. We work as a partner agency to the Ministry of Defence, and also provide our services to the NHS and private/independent sector across the U.K.
Mind Professionals offer the following candidate benefits:
- Your own dedicated recruitment consultant to support you throughout the application and placement process.
- Attractive and highly competitive rates of pay
- A generous Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- A range of long and short term placements and permanent roles to match your availability and preferences
- Access to work nationwide. We have roles available across the UK.
- Free DBS disclosure (where required)
to apply for this job.