Locum Band 7 Mental Health Practitioner â?? Ministry of Defence
Location: Glamorgan, South Wales.
Contract: Locum, ongoing
Hours: full time 37.5 hours Monday - Friday
Have you ever considered working for the MoD?
Mind Professionals are recruiting on behalf of the Ministry of Defence for a band 7 Mental Health Practitioner to work within a MDT to support serving personnel who have been referred to their mental health service in South Wales.
This is an excellent opportunity for people to add military mental health to their portfolio of experience, particularly if they are interested in working in NHS veterans services or the third sector in the future.
You must be a Mental Health Nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a MSc or Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Mental Health clinical speciality, preferably but not limited to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
o Hold a professional registration with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)/EMDR UK & Ireland, and Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and be accredited in either EMDR or CBT.
About the role:
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well-equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- You will deliver a professional & personal service at all times
- You will have the ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
Mind Professionals - Why work with us?
Mind Professionals offer a specialist recruitment service to career mental health professionals on a Locum/temporary, fixed term and permanent basis. We work as a partner agency to the Ministry of Defence, and also provide our services to the NHS and private/independent sector across the U.K.
Mind Professionals offer the following candidate benefits:
- Your own dedicated recruitment consultant to support you throughout the application and placement process.
- Attractive and highly competitive rates of pay
- A generous Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- A range of long and short term placements and permanent roles to match your availability and preferences
- Access to work nationwide. We have roles available across the UK.
- Free DBS disclosure (where required)
For more information relating to the above role or to apply, please contact Sarah at Mind Professionals on 01223 813838 or email with your CV and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
to apply for this job.